Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tart & Tangy Trio

I am not sure about you but I am the queen of catalogs....educational, home decor, toys, clothing....you name it, I get it! I have ordered here or there but enjoy looking for stamping inspiration! I love the look of West Elm. Right now they have a zen, a modern, and a natural room. They inspired the following cards using my new Tart & Tangy set.........

This is the "zen" card.
"The look is clean and glamorous in a low-key kind of way. Shapes are graphic and colors are neutral. Chocolate, gray, cream and putty are the new black."
I added the green for a pop, inspired by the limes on the table.
Recipe:
Stamps: tart & tangy, one of a kind
Paper: charbon dp, very vanilla, basic gray
Ink: gable green, basic gray
Accessories: white taffeta ribbon, gray taffeta ribbon, celery ribbon, stampin dimensionals

This is the "modern" card.
"The modern modular look is superluxe and low-to-the ground. 1970's chic forms are modernized in new neutral shades like charcoal and saddle brown."
I needed the apple to pop a bit but neutralized it with the old olive.
Recipe:
Stamps: Tart & Tangy
Paper: basic black, whisper whtie
Ink: real red, old olive
Accessories: stampin dimensionals, olive ribbon
The final card is the "natural" one.
"Pair a gray block headboard with a low platform bed in the same striking shade. Add a Flokati rug in cream wool and create the season's natural neutral look."
I picked textured card stock and added some creamy caramel.
Recipe:
Stamps: tart & tangy
Paper: old olive textured, creamy caramel textured, basic black, whisper white
Ink: real red, old olive
Accessories: corner rounder, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, red ribbon

15 comments:

Carolina said...

Wow Maren...they're all so beautiful! Love how you made each one so special and unique!

I totally know what you mean, I have tons and tons of catalogs and such. I was laughing when I started reading your blog entry because I had a similar entry on my blog a while back about this same thing...so glad to know that I'm not the only queen of the cattys!

Sara said...

these are great! love the modern clean looks with this set!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

These are fun! I love the black and white with the hint of green. This set is super cute! Love how you used it! :)

Anonymous said...

Maren, these are great too. I luh-huv the zen card,those basic gray polka dots and the touch of celery is just soooo pretty.

Dawn♥ said...

OMG OMG these are so very CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Maren, all three cards are fantastic! Man...and here I thought I didn't need that set! Ha! LOL
Hugs and smiles

blah said...

Wow, these are amazing! I love how you explained the inspiration for each of them! This set was not calling me from the catalog but you've made me see the versatility of it!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Maren! These are SO cute -- I think I love that lime one the best, but they're all stinkin' cute! :) Hmmm....maybe I need that set after all...

Erin McKinney said...

Awesome trio!
I love the simple clean lines! They really catch your eye!

Stephanie said...

oh how cute! i'm totally inspired by catalogs...i believe i'm on the list for every one of them, lol. we moved from a big city to a little one that lacks a lot of the stores i'm used to so i get a ton. what a cute set, love them all...esp. the polka dots.

Teresa said...

wow those are all cute, cute!

AJ said...

love the whole set. You are making me wish I had ordered it!!
I may have to case a few of these super layouts!! They are so clean and fun! CUTE!!!

you've been tagged....check out my blog for deets!

Jennie Skaggs said...

These cards are so fun. I love the fruit and your layouts. Jennie

Elaine said...

These cards are so yummy! The strawberries look good enough to eat!

Cindy Beach said...

Great cards! I love how you got your inspiration, and the way you carried it out.