Thursday, February 7, 2008

Love Bus



The My Favorite Things release party was on SCS last night. They have a guest designer contest open until 8pm (EST) on Thursday. It called for a 3D candy holder. I found this truck template on DIY Gift & Craft Packages. The original template was 5 times larger than this. I had to use my calculator and ruler to reduce this to fit on a 12 x 12 piece of summer sun. The animals are paper pieced. A lot of thought for the middle of the night!!


A sure sign I stayed up too late: I put the driver's wheel on the "wrong" side

Recipe:
Stamps: punny farm
Ink: basic black
Paper: summer sun textured, basic black, whisper white, creamy caramel, close to cocoa, pretty in pink, pumpkin pie, ruby red, real red, chocolate chip, basic gray
Accessories: liquid applique, jumbo eyelets, 3/4" circle punch, 1/3" circle punch, 1/4" square punch, 1/4" circle punch, stickles, stampin dimensionals, white taffeta ribbon, black ribbon, 5 in 1 template, 1 1/4" circle punch, cropadile

20 comments:

Patti said...

This is so very cute!! I didn't even notice the steering wheel was on the wrong side! :)

Susanna said...

It's not on the wrong side -- it's an English school bus! Cracks me up -- some of your most hilarious and best work. I love it. This is one of those projects that would end up sitting on my shelf (after I ate the candy) and work as inspiration.

Thanks for sharing. You made me laugh.

All Pink girl said...

Wow this is so fabulous ,great girt idea ,Dawnx

Pegg S said...

Oh wow you should definitely win! :)
I agree--this is an English schoolbus!! This is just amazing!!

scrapnnMO said...

HOLY WOWza Maren this is just phenomenal and so CUTE! Awesome JOB!

Vicki (SCS basement stamper) said...

This is FABULOUS!! How creative!! I totally love it!! TFS! :)

Gerriann said...

I love your bus! I would love if you had a template however I can go and see if I can get it to work myself too! My DS will love this! Great job!

CindyB said...

WOW, Maren, this is fantastic! So creative and cute for a gift.

Nikki Bond said...

This is toooo stinking CUTE! I LOVE IT!!!!! GREAT job! {SMILES}

Andrea, said...

This is just fabulous I love it

Katie said...

Oh, I just love the way the back opens up and the candy comes out. Too cute!! Good luck too!

Stephanie said...

aw, cute! not on the wrong side if you're a mailman :)

LeAnne said...

No matter what side the wheel is on, it is CUTE! How creative, especially since you had to downsize it!! TFS!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love your little bus, what a great job!

Shelby said...

Okay, seriously, this is WAY TOO CUTE! I absolutely love it; what an ingenious idea!! :)

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow what a fantastic idea. So wonderful bus. Lovely work.

Hugs
Sister Sandy

erinkmckinney (stampininthesun) said...

Maren, This is so adorable!!! Love it...you are so creative!

Jennie Skaggs said...

Love it.....what a fun bus. :) Definitely zany. Jennie

Lynn said...

This is just amazing...LOVE it!!!

Cassie said...

I haven't seen anything else but you so deserve to win this spot!!! This is such a neat, clever idea!! You should definitely submit this!!!