Thursday, February 7, 2008

Love Bus



The My Favorite Things release party was on SCS last night. They have a guest designer contest open until 8pm (EST) on Thursday. It called for a 3D candy holder. I found this truck template on DIY Gift & Craft Packages. The original template was 5 times larger than this. I had to use my calculator and ruler to reduce this to fit on a 12 x 12 piece of summer sun. The animals are paper pieced. A lot of thought for the middle of the night!!


A sure sign I stayed up too late: I put the driver's wheel on the "wrong" side

Recipe:
Stamps: punny farm
Ink: basic black
Paper: summer sun textured, basic black, whisper white, creamy caramel, close to cocoa, pretty in pink, pumpkin pie, ruby red, real red, chocolate chip, basic gray
Accessories: liquid applique, jumbo eyelets, 3/4" circle punch, 1/3" circle punch, 1/4" square punch, 1/4" circle punch, stickles, stampin dimensionals, white taffeta ribbon, black ribbon, 5 in 1 template, 1 1/4" circle punch, cropadile

20 comments:

Patti said...

This is so very cute!! I didn't even notice the steering wheel was on the wrong side! :)

Unknown said...

It's not on the wrong side -- it's an English school bus! Cracks me up -- some of your most hilarious and best work. I love it. This is one of those projects that would end up sitting on my shelf (after I ate the candy) and work as inspiration.

Thanks for sharing. You made me laugh.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow this is so fabulous ,great girt idea ,Dawnx

Pegg S said...

Oh wow you should definitely win! :)
I agree--this is an English schoolbus!! This is just amazing!!

Dawn♥ said...

HOLY WOWza Maren this is just phenomenal and so CUTE! Awesome JOB!

Anonymous said...

This is FABULOUS!! How creative!! I totally love it!! TFS! :)

Unknown said...

I love your bus! I would love if you had a template however I can go and see if I can get it to work myself too! My DS will love this! Great job!

Cindy Beach said...

WOW, Maren, this is fantastic! So creative and cute for a gift.

Nikki Bond said...

This is toooo stinking CUTE! I LOVE IT!!!!! GREAT job! {SMILES}

Andrea, said...

This is just fabulous I love it

Kevin Renz said...

Oh, I just love the way the back opens up and the candy comes out. Too cute!! Good luck too!

Stephanie said...

aw, cute! not on the wrong side if you're a mailman :)

LeAnne said...

No matter what side the wheel is on, it is CUTE! How creative, especially since you had to downsize it!! TFS!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love your little bus, what a great job!

Shelby said...

Okay, seriously, this is WAY TOO CUTE! I absolutely love it; what an ingenious idea!! :)

Sandy said...

Wow what a fantastic idea. So wonderful bus. Lovely work.

Hugs
Sister Sandy

Erin McKinney said...

Maren, This is so adorable!!! Love it...you are so creative!

Jennie Skaggs said...

Love it.....what a fun bus. :) Definitely zany. Jennie

Lynn said...

This is just amazing...LOVE it!!!

Cassie said...

I haven't seen anything else but you so deserve to win this spot!!! This is such a neat, clever idea!! You should definitely submit this!!!