Friday, February 1, 2008

Loving the Seahawks

Today's challenge on SCS limited supplies challenge was to make a "Super" card inspired by the up & coming Super Bowl Sunday. As many of you know, we are HUGE Seahawk fans. I miss watching them play and although I will watch the game, I sure wish we were in it! This one took forever but I was willing to sacrifice some laundry for my 12th Man pride! :-) I used paper piecing to complete the Seahawk after I sketch it out on some typing paper.
Recipe:
Stamps: none
Paper: Night of Navy, brocade blue, whisper white, green gable
Ink: brocade blue
Accessories: rub-on letters (memory makers), arrow punch, green brads, green ribbon (American Crafts), cuttlebug, ticket corner punch, brayer

10 comments:

blah said...

Wow, this is really clever!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Oh My...my husband would love this card....They were so close to the SB this year...(((Hugs)))

Linsey R said...

Your SeaHawks card brought me to your blog and I'm glad it did! What a great place, full of inspiration and fun! I'll have to become a regular now, so you're going on my blogroll! Thanks for sharing your talent!! ~hugs~

Tracy said...

Huge 'Hawks fan myself! Great card!!!!

Carolyn King said...

this is AMAZING! love how you peiced that image...so clever!

Andrea, said...

Great card

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Very cool card Maren! It's awesome how you made the hawk! Happy superbowl watching! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this. I never would have thought to incorporate a team logo into a card. FANTASTIC idea!

The Crafty Goddess

AJ said...

Ok, I had to chime in and let you know it was a great card!!!

Sandy said...

Boah wow what a cool card. Stunning. Perfect creation.

Hugs
Sister Sandy