Monday, February 25, 2008

Some Sketches with Color

I remember why I don't take naps regularly.....I just can't sleep! The good thing is I got 3 cards done!

The first card is for tomorrow's color challenge on SCS. I just love when they are posted early!! What a fantastic combo too....river rock, basic black & whisper white.
Recipe:
Stamps: tres chic, stitched exotics, live your dream
Paper: river rock, whisper white, basic black
Ink: basic black
Accessories: pretties kit, white taffeta, corner rounder, stampin dimensionals


Don't you love this designer paper? It is from Coastal Culture paper stack by Me & My Big Ideas. This card is for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. She is such a fabulous stamper, so creative! :-) The stamps are from Papertrey. The sentiment is amazing...."life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Recipe:
Stamps: out on a limb (papertrey)
Paper: coastal culture dp (Me & My Big Ideas), kraft, vanilla textured
Ink: groovy guava, river rock, old olive
Accessories: sherbet ribbon, diamond stickles

I just love this final card! It is for the fantastic Sketch For You To Try on I Heart 2 Stamp. Jen is another talent out there.....so inspiring! This image is from the MFT set, Eggstra Special. I don't any copics so this one was colored in with prismacolor pencils and then given a good mineral spirit rub! I haven't colored in awhile....I forgot how fun it is!!
Recipe:
Stamps: Eggstra Special
Paper: Gyspy dp (Basic Grey), basic gray, whisper white
Ink: basic black
Accessories: paper piercer, coluzzle, regal rose ribbon, stampin dimensionals, prisma color pencilas, mineral spirit

16 comments:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

The first two cards are beautiful... really elegant. The sentiment is truly amazing and is one of my favorite quotes. I love how you showcased it. The Eggstra Special card is just darling!

LeAnne said...

They are all wonderful cards! I am lovin' that River Rock & Black...gonna have to do that challenge! I love Tres Chic, too, and haven't used it lately.

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the cute chick

Anonymous said...

these are all gorgeous!! i love how you split the "hey chick" sentiment!

Katie Skiff said...

Beautiful cards Maren!! I love the Papertrey one...awesome colors!!

Ana Baird said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the all! The little chick is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Three cards and each of them amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Maren, all three cards look amazing! All different, all beautiful!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Maren, all three cards look amazing! All different, all beautiful!
Hugs and smiles

Dawn Wheeler said...

Oh my 3 gorgeous cards ,fabulous work ,Dawnxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

These are all gorgeous Maren! I especailly love that first one, great colors. I think I might try that for a congrats on an engagement card that I need to make, so elegant! :)

My Paper World said...

Wow! They are all gorgeous! xx

Carolina said...

All of them are so pretty and love what you did for today's challenge...it's so elegant and ribbon treatment is just perfect...reminds me of a beautifully wrapped package!

Sandy said...

Oh what a bunch of so wonderful cards. Such beautiful. Love all this work.

Carol said...

Great cards! I really love the one you did for the color challenge though - all of the black and white is stunning!

Lesly said...

I love these cards. They are ALL great!