Wednesday, February 27, 2008

LAD

I have been meaning to check out Lizzie Anne Design's forum and finally made it over there a few days ago, thanks to the reminder from the very talented AJ. I participated in a few sketch challenges when they were over at SCS and am a huge fan of their stamps. Here are a few of their recent sketch challenges:
Sketch Challenge # 16- The twist on this sketch was to try a new technique so I used today's chalking technique on SCS for this card. In addition to using the pastels on the white craft, I also used the prismacolor pencils to give the chalked look.
Recipe:
Stamps: Out of This World (LAD)
Paper: blue bayou, pumpkin pie, whisper white, basic black
Ink: basic black, white craft
Accessories: pastels, prismacolor pencils, mineral spirits, lg. star punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch

Sketch Challenge #15- The twist for this sketch was to stamp on dp.
Recipe:
Stamps: Far East (LAD)
Paper: chocolate chip, rose red, very vanilla, infuse dp (basic grey)
Ink: rose red, regal rose, chocolate chip
Accessories: sponge dauber, regal rose ribbon


Sketch Challenge #14- This sketch called for the use of scallops.
Recipe:
Stamps: Far East
Paper: Coastal culture dp (Me & My Big Ideas), chocolate chip, very vanilla
Ink: river rock, ruby red
Accessories: corner rounder, theater ribbon originals, oval punch

17 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Great cards Maren. I love that first one, so fun! Great colors too. The others are beautiful. :)

kathy said...

Wow you have been busy. I need to try that chalk idea but am not sure how...lol

Deborah said...

Wonderful cards! You are on a roll! Deb

jjcreations said...

I like the thank you card. It's very pretty.
Joan

Me, My Stamps and I said...

wonderful cards !!!!!great colors and embellies
tfs,
chat

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards! The red one rocks, I love how you used the scallop on the large image piece. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I love all three. I love how your chalked look came out! The bottom two look wonderful as well. The red paper on the last one is gorgeous.
Hugs and smiles

Alhambra Club said...

three great cards, love your out of this world card with the chalking.

Dawn♥ said...

I've been havin a lovely time looking at all your lovely cards! You are such a inspiration Maren!

Andrea, said...

Fabulous cards, love your space scene

Erin... said...

vwow you've been a busy lady!! love thatstamp set in the first card too cute!! and love what you did with it!!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Absolutely Beautiful cards!! The spaceship one is way too cute! The Thanks and Friends ares are so pretty and elegant. You are very inspiring!!
Smiles!
Heidi

April Hall said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards!

Annie said...

great cards, but I particularly like the last one in red and white, it's an absolute stunner!

Teresa said...

very elegant, Love the colors

Tricia Ulberg said...

I love these cards...especially the chalk board effect one! What a cool idea!

Rika said...

Beautiful cards!