Monday, February 25, 2008

Family Update.....

Here are some pictures of this last weekend. Maxwell finished up the painting on his Pinewood Derby car on Friday night.





He ended up being "lucky number 13".

He is on the far right.....trying not to smile! :-)

The boys helped me make Calvin's new schedule on Sunday. I home preschool my children and it is time to start as he is now 3 1/2! YIKES, they grow so fast. I just can't bring myself to pay someone else.....I am still paying for my masters in curriculum & development! :-) We just do a little bit every day but I also make sure that he does all the other social things such as storytime at the library, open gym at a local gymnastics club, and going to our children's museum. He just loves moving that little arrow across the top and figuring out what he is doing for the day! :-)

Sunday night, the boys & I cuddled on the couch and watched some of the Oscars....I always make an appetizer dinner for the event. I am really not sure why.... we rarely see any of the movies and aren't big tv watchers, we only have 1 tv and an antenna, but for some reason I have always seen it as an event and a reason to plan a menu and "celebrate" with the family. I even made mint brownies for the occasion! :-)

6 comments:

My Paper World said...

Great photos! thanks for sharing!
and Mint brownies! Mmmmmmmm!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Thanks for sharing your photos. I love the chart/schedule! I keep my kids at home too and I need to get my son ready for Kindergarten. Your chart is a super idea! I need to make something like that. :)

Stephanie Hargis said...

I used to make/race pinewood derby cars when I was in elementary school! It was the most looked forward to event of the year! I remember how nervous I would get right before the big races! :D Haha! Thanks for sharing part of your life with us! It means so much and we feel like we know you better!

Linsey R said...

yep, that was me on the couch Sunday night too, only it sounds like you had more fun--you guys are so cute! No mint brownies, but I did gobble down almost an entire bag of popcorn during the show and my dh declared me the winner in this catagory, pigging out! Oh well, it was fun-I thought Katherine Heigal looked the best! ~Hugs~

AJ said...

ooooh....we are finishing our car up as well this week...our race isn't until the 8th though...
cute of you guys to all watch the grammys!

Kristin Moore said...

Your kiddos are so cute! Any reason is a great reason to cuddle on the couch.

Your school chart is neat too. I can see what you mean about paying someone to provide preschool- I did for 4 years, YIKES! Especially if you have a master's that qualifies you- a perfect way to get your money's worth from those student loans! (My DH just finished his masters in Education so we know...)