Sunday, April 6, 2008

Still Kicking!

Okay, I know it has been a while since I have posted! No fret, I have lots to share tonight! I was busy with...
1. My first night teaching at our local community college was Thursday! It is a 5 hour class once a week and it took some time prepping!
2. I have become a political activist! I attended my party's local caucus back in February and was elected a delegate to move on to the next level which was Saturday. It took 5 hours on Saturday. Now I am moving on to our state caucus as a delegate. Who knows, maybe I will be a national delegate! :-)
3. My eldest child is a year older! I can't believe he is 12! I remember the day he was born....I was so young and in a foreign country with a translator in the operating room. My how things have changed!
I never really worry about Jordan. I often say that he could parent himself better than Jason or me! He is one of those kids that can save the bowl of popcorn for the entire movie. He wakes himself up in the morning and has the cleanest room in the house. He is my straight A kid who LOVES to makes lists and plans. He has a list for next year's birthday already! ;-) If we are cleaning the house, he makes a list of things and who is doing what. He also has a sketch of what his house will be like. Isn't he amazing? Well, I decided he needed a little book to keep all these wishes, dreams and lists. I started with 3 tabs but told him I could add more if needed. He already labeled them: wishes, important, to do.


Recipe:
Paper: brilliant blue, About a Boy dp (Fancy Pants), Cody Benchwarmer dp (Elsie), sassafras dp, bo bunny dp,
Accessories: crate paper rub ons, thickers ( american crafts), 7 gypsies binding rings, clear plastic sheets (paper accents), felt fusion (queen & co.), round tab punch, silver eyelets

6 comments:

Abby said...

I LOVE your book! What a sweet idea sounds like a really neat kid! Plus you go girl on the whole political thing good for you!

Julia Aston said...

Boy are you busy! when do you stamp??? (I know - late at night right??!)

Love the book you made for your son - and what a great kid!

Jenn said...

How sweet!!! The book you made is Fabulous!!! :D

Cassie said...

Awesome book! Congrats on being a delegate - I can't imagine how exciting that must be!! Way to get involved in the process!!

Carolina said...

What a wonderful gift for your son...I'm sure he'll treasure he's book for days to come!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday to your son.

He sounds amazing.