Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sew Fun!

I finally found some thread! Well, actually, my husband found it! :-) Can I just say that I LOVE my new machine. It is so easy to use. If I can use it then you would do amazing things with it. I bought it from Hancock Fabrics online. The zigzag border was easy peasy so I decided to try to make some swirls freehanded. I even ran a line of stickles along the stitched swirls. They are far from perfect but a good start, don't ya think?? This card is for the Verve Visual Ispirational Challenge. You have until midnight tonight to win some Verve bucks! You can't win unless you try, right?
Recipe:
Stamps: thankful blossoms
Paper: taken with teal, tempting turquoise, barely banana, so saffron, whisper white
Ink: taken with teal, brilliance graphite black
Accessories: white ribbon (offray), dazzling diamond stickles, copics, janome sew mini, white brad

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! TFS!! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the free hand stitching, the colors - everything!

Shannan Teubner said...

Maren, this is just STUNNING!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I LOVE the color combo! Your sewing looks great! Guess I know what I need to buy next! ;)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Wow! Just gorgeous Maren! Love the colors and the stitching. Fab flower too! :)

AJ said...

ugh~ Maren...you are trying to temp me!!! I don't want it!! (I really do want it, but don't want to *get* it!!)
caaauuute!

Anonymous said...

This is fantabulous!! I hope you win!! LOVE the stitching- don't make me go out and buy that machine!
Deena

Unknown said...

So gorgeous - so glad Hubby found the thread - it was worth the search :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is absolutely fabulous! So much pizazz! :)

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is a really good take on that inspiration! I have seen so many good ones, but the stitching you've done really nails it!
LeAnne

Jenn said...

Beautiful card Maren!!! I love all the detail, and your sewing is great!!!

Dawn♥ said...

Oh Maren what a pretty card! Dynamite stitching!

Anonymous said...

wow!!! amazing stitching!! totally cute and i love the blue sparkle leaves!

Amy Sheffer said...

I love this Maren! So bright, fun, and beautiful. Awesome, awesome job on the inspiration piece!

Cassie said...

gorgeous take on this!

Linsey R said...

Oh, this card is FAbulous, girl! I'm totally envious of your new sewing machine--I've dreamed of one for so long now...keep dreaming, lol! I'm happy that you have one and seem to already be creating the most awesome stuff with it! Great work and I hope you win those VV bucks! hugs

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is AWESOME!!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Great job with the inspiration piece!!

Julia Aston said...

Love your stitching on this! wonderful colors and design - congrats on being the winning entry!!