Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Apron Tutorial


Sorry, ladies! I tried to figure out how to post a template but without a scanner it wasn't working for me! Good news, though! I made a tutorial! I know it is more work for you but once you have your very own template you can whip out these apron cards in no time! :-) Thanks again to the fabulous Kathy Stone for her adorable Apron Recipe Book! Her template was 10 1/2" by 5 3/4" inches long. This card is a bit shorter and wider.
Start with a 9 1/4 x 6 3/8 piece of card stock.Score it 2 1/8" along the long end (this will fold up and make the pocket)Now cut a 1/2" off of each of the short sides up until the scored mark. You don't want to cut off that pocket so be sure to stop!
You will need to cut off each of these 1/2" strips.
Here is what it should look like:
Mark off 3 1/2" from the top with something. This will be your cutting guide. I used some post its.
Mark 1 1/2" from each end at the top. This will be the other cutting guide. Now match up your coluzzle with the top and bottom mark and cut.
Use your scrap to be sure you have the other side lined up before you cut.
You will need to trip the tops. I used a ruler to straighten out the cut.
Trim each tag along the bottom pocket and then score each side so it will fold in.
Now fold along your scores. I used sticky strip to keep the bottom pocket in place.

The inside of pocket measures 5 1/4" by 3 1/4". Please let me know if you need any more info and do post a link to your creation....I would love to see what you do! :-)
Thanks!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tutorial! Your Apron is gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Teresa said...

How cute is that! Thanks for sharing! I am going to try a make one

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Jeezy peezy, do I ever love your blog! You have such wonderful creativity! I'm hooked and I come to see you every day! Keep up the good work.

Linsey R said...

I am one of the priveleged ones--I got a hands-on tutorial from the FABulous Maren herself! :D This is a really awesome project and I will definitely be making many more! What a wonderful gift to maybe have the food with the apron and recipe, ooh--the possibilities could be endless! You're such an inspiration! hugs~

Silli said...

thanks for the tutorial...! have a nice day!

Stamp With Linz said...

Darling! I love that little apron!

Abby said...

Love the apron and your tutorial is awesome! Wouldn't this make the cutest invites to a Pampered Chef party?

~Denise Lynn~ said...

What a fun project. Thanks for that tutorial too. :)

Julia Aston said...

How adorable is this apron! Thanks so much for your great tutorial on it! Another project on my table!!

Lynn said...

This is the cutest thing! I've been using my recipe set like crazy the past couple weeks...now I'm going to have to make one of these! Great idea!!!

Erin... said...

Well this is wonderful!!! Thankd for the tutorial!! Can't wait to try it out!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love this cute apron design! What a great idea and thanks for sharing the tutorial!
Deena

Lisa said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I have a recipe layout due soon and this will be just the cutest way to put the recipe card on the page!!!!!

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea! Thanks for the tutorial. I can't wait to try this!