Monday, March 31, 2008

Not Always

I played quite a bit with this card. The bird is triple layered with dimensionals for today's Technique Challenge on SCS. I used my ticket corner punch around the entire circle and then randomly pierced the edges. I sponged the edges too and then used my blender pen to make a regal rose edge. It was fun to try some new things and go outside my stamping box! :-) This sketch is from Jen's Sketch For You To Try.
Recipe:
Stamps: Always
Paper: gable green, whisper white, everyday tango dp (Me Mind's Eye)
Ink: gable green, pumpkin pie, regal rose
Accessories: regal ribbon, green brads, ticket corner punch, coluzzle, stampin dimensionals, blender pen, sponge daubers, paper piercer

9 comments:

Silli said...

wow, beautiful card, I love the color and the bird. TFS:-9

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card, love the colors and that paper

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous, love the bright colours and the bird

scrapnnMO said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors!

Cassie said...

LOVE it!! Really, is there anything of yours that I don't love? NAH!!!
But I do love seeing this set used with bright colors instead of the subdued, earthy, soft colors I normally see.

LeAnne said...

Love that DP!! What a nice layout, the whole card is super!
LeAnne

KimberlyG said...

Very pretty! I love how you used these colors with this set! Thanks for sharing! :D

Deb Neerman said...

Love this!

And can't wait to try to create a neat circle like this with my ticket corner punch; super-idea!

~Hugs, Deb

Angel W said...

Oh so bright and cheery. This card will make someone's day when it lands in their mailbox!