This hat was super quick, my favorite kind of card!
1. Start with a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card base.
2. Mark, with a pencil, 2.5" along the bottom of the card.
3. Use this mark and line it up with the upper right hand corner of the card to make an angle.
4. Cut along this angle so that you will have taken off a triangle on the lower right hand corner of the card base.
5. Now you are going to cut off the other bottom corner. Line up the two corners. BE SURE that you are NOT cutting the scored edge of the card!!
6. You will end up with a triangle. The scored edge is on the left hand side of the card.
7. Cut a 7 x 1" strip of paper.
8. Using a TEMPORARY adhesive, attach it along the bottom of the card. It will extend beyond the triangle a little (aprox. 1/4"). This is fine....the card will still stand up.
9. Trim one side, cutting up at a slight angle.
10. Remove the strip and gentle hold it in half.
11. Follow the cut so that each side is identical.
12. Unfold and now permanently adhere the strip to the bottom of the triangle.
SMAK Saturday + Petaloo
18 minutes ago