Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fancy Pants Sketches

I just love the way Laura uses the same paper and stamps for the plethora of weekly sketches. Last week, I followed her lead and did them all with the new Chemistry line from Cosmo Cricket. This week, I am using some the Fancy Pants All Fall pad that is on sale over at Jacksonbelle Embellishments. I paired the papers with some Paper Trey Ink cardstock (PTI). I am in love with this cardstock and use it almost exclusively now. It is so sturdy and comes in such rich colors. I have also bought each a spool of grosgrain in each color. Of course, I could never abandon my favorite May Arts satin ribbon!

This first one is for Amy's Friday Sketch #34. I used the Making the Grade set from Cornish Heritage Farms.


Stamps: Making The Grade by Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper: fancy pants dp, PTI
Ink: brilliance
Accessories: star punch, american crafts brads, PTI ribbon

Next is Jen's Sketch For You To Try.

Stamps: back to school by My Favorite Things
Paper: fancy pants dp, PTI
Ink: white craft, versa mark
Accessories: signo pen, american crafts buttons, PTI ribbon

Here is my take on this week's Mojo Monday Sketch.
Stamps: beautiful you by Verve Visual
Paper: fancy pants dp, PTI
Ink: brilliance
Accessories: signo pen, PTI ribbon, rhinestones, corner rounder

This week's twist on the Lizzie Anne Sketch was to use glitter. I had a hard time getting a photo of this one that showed the sentiment on the inside. It says 'hello!'.
Stamps: jolies fleurs, gizmos & gears (sentiment) both from Lizzie Anne Designs
Paper: fancy pants dp, PTI
Ink: brilliance, white craft
Accessories: scallop punch, circle punch, word window punch, copics, PTI ribbon, star punch, stickles, rhinestone stickers
Here is my take on Beate's Weekend Sketch.
Stamps: sweet celebrations from Stampin Up!
Paper: PTI, fancy pants dp
Ink: memento
Accessories: scallop and circle punches, PTI ribbon, slit punch, rhinestone sticker

I used my new PaperTrey Ink set for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge.
Stamps: garden of life by Paper Trey Ink (PTI)
Paper: fancy pants dp, PTI
Ink: brilliance, old olive
Accessories: circle punches, PTI ribbon, paper piercer, copics


Next is Lauren's Saturday Sketch.
Stamps: bliss & a birdie
Paper: fancy pants, PTI
Ink: memento
Accessories: copics, circle punch, PTI ribbon, rhinestone sticker


Finally, I completed the weekly My Favorite Things Sketch.
Stamps: congrats all around, here's the scoop by My Favorite Things
Paper: fancy pants, PTI
Ink: memento
Accessories: nestabilities, PTI ribbon, rhinestone stickers, liquid applique, copics

16 comments:

~amy~ said...

WOW, you were really busy! GREAT cards!

Julie Campbell said...

Wow! You're on a roll! I LOVE each and every one of your cards! And... I love the idea of sticking with one paper line for awhile. :)

Lindsay Spencer said...

I think you were bit by some radioactive card making spider. (Like the spiderman thing.) How do you make soooo many wonderful cards so fast? I love them all, especially the first one.

Anonymous said...

You have sure been one busy lady!! I love you take on all the sketches. Truly beautiful cards!!
--Becca

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Maren, these are all so fabulous! Love your paper choices, totally makes a gorgeous set! Love your style always, and now I have a few more sketches I'll have to add to my sketch book! Thanks for the shout out!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

All cards are beautiful, I love them alle, they ispire me. Thank you.
Anja from germany

Kathryn said...

WOW WOW WOW!!

LOVE all the cards -- love how you used similar paper -- I need to try this something -- it's such a great idea!!

Wonderful work! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! You've created such gorgeous cards!! You are so very busy with your crafting and I enjoy coming to see what you've done!! TFS!! :)

Tiff said...

I think my brain is in overload...you have created WAY too many masterpieces for me to take in!!! LOL! I think my fave is the paisley card!!!

Rachel said...

these are all beautiful cards!

Taylor said...

Wow... you were a busy girl this weekend! Love all the different sketches using basically the same supplies! TFS!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Im loving how everyweek you are just rokin all the challenges and using the same elements! Awesome!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Gorgeous cards, Maren! I can't believe you can get all those cards done in a weekend. I'm lucky to even get all those sketches even printed out in a weekend! LOL Absolutely LOVE the way you colored the Beautiful You flower. Beautiful work, as always. Thanks for playing with my sketch! :)

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Wow! That's a lot of cards, you have been a very busy lady. They are all beautiful, you do great work.

AmyR said...

Wow!! So great that you participate in so many challenges!! And all your cards are fab!! Thanks for playing along with mine! :D

Tweetpea said...

All the cards are beautiful but I LOVE the paisley card. The patterned paper is fabulous and I love how you popped it with the red. It's smashing!

Tammi
http://3littlebirdz.com