Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Not a Baby Anymore....

So my baby brother is 18 today!! :-) It was so hard deciding what type of card to make him! Luckily, my new Verve set and Jacksonbelle Embellishment order of static dp came in this last Saturday. I am still not sold on this card but he probably won't even notice the card....just look for the money inside! :-) This sketch is for today's sketch challenge on SCS.
Recipe:
Stamps: polka dot stars, great expectations (Verve Visual)
Paper: static dp (Crate), chocolate chip
Ink: memento rich cocoa
Accessories: copper brads (American Craft), chocolate chip ribbon, nestabilities,

12 comments:

meohmyers said...

WOW! 18 already?! I remember when he was born. We're getting old, Maren! Happy Birthday, Jared!

Kathy said...

I love these colors! Great guy card and great job with the sketch challenge. I'm hoping to get one done later.

Kisa Peters said...

I think the card is great! I love the stars, I love the colors, I love the paper! And I really like how you turned it on its side AND the rectangle isn't a rectangle! Cool shape!

Josette said...

Cool card...as always you impress me. Hope hubby is on the mend. Lets plan a girls night very soon.

Josette

Linsey said...

Maren, this is so cool! 18, wow! How fun! He's sure to love it as much as the money!! Super card!

Lindsey (jacksonbelle) said...

This is so awesome!!! I LOVE that papaer and those stars look awesome with it!! Don't you LOVE Verve!! GREAT card! You're so awesome!

Silli said...

It´s beautiful. Great idea...:-)

Elizebeth said...

This is beautiful!

Bee said...

Cool card, love it! :-)

Stephanie said...

This is fabulous Maren! I love those colors! Your brother is going to love it!

Julia Aston said...

Love the Florida look to this with the palm trees - wonderful stars and fun DP - wow to be 18 again and looking forward to fame and wealth!

SANDY IN NH said...

ARE YOU CERTAIN THAT THOSE ARE POLKA DOT STARS ON YOUR SON'S BIRTHDAY CARD??