Tuesday, February 24, 2009

L'Amour

Love.
I love simple and today is simple! Mostly, I will be hanging with the new KING of the house, Calvin. He found the avocado pit in our king cake last night! :-) Jason happily passed on the crown and title. Good times! I love my boys! They are continual reminders to live one day at a time...just soaking it all in.

Here is a simple card. It uses the Lizzie Anne Designs L'Amour set. I added some flourish chipboard stickers to the tail and BUTTONS. I know, I am completely destroying my reputation. :-)

Stamps: L'Amour
Ink: memento
Paper: PTI cardstock, bittersweet pp
Accessories: bittersweet chipboard, may arts ribbon, buttons

Don't forget to sign up to win some Unity on Cath's Moxie Fab World blog!

In other exciting news............STAMP IT! Cards is on the shelves! YEAH!! Post a comment on the Paper Crafts blog to WIN a copy. :-) I saw it at my local grocery store. I still can't believe that one of my cards is on the cover (do you see gratitude=joy?) AND there are more inside..surrounded by card making divas! :-) A huge THANK YOU to Paper Crafts! :-)

12 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Congrats! Congrats!
Your card is just beautiful and love that bird.

Angie Tieman said...

Oooh, gorgeous card with that fabulous bird!! Congrats on the COVER of Stamp It, you go girl!! Definitely well deserved!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Congrats on being on the cover. Not a suprise though since your work is awesome.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Congratulations!! I have that chipboard and love what you did to use it as the bird's feathers!

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE EVERYWHERE THESE DAYS! I just bought the newest issue of cards and loved those beauties too!!! Keep up the fabulous (inspiring) work :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Maren...and I used buttons on 2 cards last night...must have been something in the air!

patton4 said...

Maren I'm so excited for you! And ever so proud! Way to go! I'm going to look for one at the store soon.

Paola said...

I love your sweet card. Congrats for being on the cover of Stamp it cards. You have wonderful style,

Kimberly Crawford said...

YAY!! I picked it up last night too!! CONGRATS!!! :) Gorgeous cards!!!
(this is my first submission/pub with PC!! ;):))

Anthonette said...

Congratulations on getting the cover of the magazine! And having additional cards published as well. Well-deserved. I love your style.

Ink, paper and BLING! said...

Congrats on the cover! YOu ar ein good company sharing a cover with Dawn, you are both amazing!
R

Karen S. said...

Congrats on the cover and for all the cards inside!! Love your work!